Friday, January 30, 2009

Veggie lasagna (Molly)

Ingredients
Veggie lasagna (a collaberation of Molly's old recipe and Carla's fab advice ;)):

Lasagna noodles(I use Barilla no-cook if I will cook it right away and cooked noodles if it will be refrigerated or frozen)
Spaghettie sauce (We like Ragu Super Chunky Mushroom)
Cottage Cheese, 16 oz.
Mozarella cheese, shredded, 2 cups, divided
Eggs, 2, slightly beaten
Parmesan cheese, grated, 1/2 cup
Spinach (I use frozen chopped, thawed and drained, 9 oz. package...if I make 2 lasagnas at once, I split the package)
Zucchini, quartered and sliced
Onions, one small chopped
Green pepper, 1/2 chopped
Parsley flakes, 1 tsp.


Procedure
I saute the onions, green peppers, and zucchini in a little olive oil until the onions are clear. Then I add the spaghetti sauce and a little water and cook on low for about 10 min. or so until the zucchini is soft. Meanwhile, mix cottage cheese, spinach, eggs, Parmesan, and 1 cup of mozzarella in bowl. Then I layer, noodles, sauce, cheese mixture 3 times, then add the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese on top, and parsley flakes, if desired. (Most lasagnas call for sauce, then noodles, then cheese mixture, but personally I like the sauce on top so I layer it different, but you can do it either way obviously!) Bake at 350 for 1 hour until bubbly. I broil for a few minutes at the end to brown the cheese on top.

Very yummy! And can be refrigerated overnight or frozen for a month or two!

Molly

No comments: