Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup (Brenda)

Ingredients
4 chicken breasts cut in pieces - uncooked
1 bag of cut carrots (if you are lazy like me)
2 stalks of celery chopped
4 medium size potatoes
1 small zucchini chopped
1 small yellow squash (about the same size as the zucchini) chopped
1/2 tsp garlic (more if you like garlic)
1/2 tsp dehydrated onion flakes
1 large can of chicken broth (I use the low sodium kind)

Procedure
Just chop it all and throw it in there. I put it on low all day and then about 30 minutes before we want to eat I put in noodles (our favorite is the frozen noodles). You might have to add some water or more broth after you add the noodles.

I have a really big crockpot. You might have to adjust the amount of veggies you put in accordingly. I have been known to run out of room for the noodles because I put too much other stuff in there...

No comments: