Oh...and here's a link to the triple-layer chocolate cheesecake I made for our anniversary. Nummers!!
I used the dark chocolate, but it is definitely not for the faint of heart! I would say it wouldn't hurt a thing to use semi-sweet chocolate instead, if that's what you tend to prefer.
CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST (recipe follows)
3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, divided
1/2 teaspoon shortening(do not use butter, margarine, spreads or oil)
1. Prepare CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs,heavy cream, vanilla and salt, beating until well blended.
3. Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Place remaining chips in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1-1/2 minutes; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted when stirred.
4. Gradually blend 1-1/2 cups cheesecake batter into melted chocolate. Spread 2 cups chocolate mixture in prepared crust.
5. Blend additional 2 cups plain cheesecake batter into remaining chocolate mixture; spread 2 cups of this mixture over first layer in springform pan. Stir remaining cheesecake batter into remaining chocolate mixture; spread over second layer.
6. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, immediately loosen cake from side of pan. Cool to room temperature.
7. Place reserved chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred. Drizzle over top of cheesecake. Cover; refrigerate several hours until cold. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake. 10 to 12 servings.
CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST: Stir together 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers), 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa; stir in 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter or margarine. Press mixture onto bottom and 1-1/2 inches up sides of 9-inch springform pan.