1 can pineapple chunks (20 ounce) juice reserved
2 apples, peeled and cored
1 can peach pie filling (21 ounce)
2 bananas, peeled and diced
3 kiwis, sliced
1 pint strawberries, sliced
** I also throw in grapes halved sometimes.
1. In a small bowl, toss the chopped apples in reserved pineapple juice
2. Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes
3. In a large salad bowl, combine the peach pie filling and pineapple chunks.
4. Remove apples from pineapple juice and add to pie filling and pineapple mixture.
5. Add chopped bananas to reserved pineapple juice and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Peel and slice kiwi and 1/2 of strawberries.
7. Chop the other 1/2 of strawberries and set aside.
8. Remove bananas from pineapple juice and add to pie filling mixture.
9. Add chopped strawberries; toss together.
10. Arrange kiwi slices around the edge of the serving bowl and alternate with strawberry slices.
11. Chill and serve.
*** When making at home I don't garnish the bowl with the kiwis or half the strawberries I just throw them all in. When I have grapes I half them and throw them in as well. I have had very good luck when leaving the chopped apples and bananas in the pineapple juice for 10 min with them not turning brown.