Friday, January 30, 2009

Crockpot Sour Cream Salsa Chicken (Stephanie)

Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 pkg. Reduced sodium taco seasoning mix (I use 1/2 pkg)
1 cup salsa
2 Tbsp. cornstarch (I usually omit)
¼ cup light sour cream

Procedure
1. Spray the crockpot with cooking spray.
2. Add the chicken breasts.
3. Sprinkle chicken breasts with taco seasoning.
4. Top with salsa.
5. Cook on low for 6- hours. (I cook on high for 6 hours if I throw them in frozen)
6. When ready to serve, remove the chicken from the pot. Then place 2 Tbsp. cornstarch in a small amount of water. Stir well and then stir the mixture into the salsa sauce in the crockpot. Stir in ¼ cup of sour cream. Mix well and place the chicken back in the crockpot.

Notes:

This makes 4 servings. Each serving is 4 points.

The chicken can be completely frozen and thrown in the crockpot. It will come out perfect. I don't add the sourcream till 10-20mins before I serve it, I usually take the chicken out, shred it, then put the corn starch mixture in and then add the chicken and let it cook a little longer before adding the sourcream.

This makes good taco filling or quesadilla filling with some cheese.

No comments: