1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans whole kernelcorn, drained
1 cup bottled thick and chunky salsa
5 skinless boneless chicken breasts (can use frozen)
1 8 oz brick cream cheese, low fat is fine
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a 3.5 or 4 quart electric slow cooker, mix together the beans, corn, and 1/2 cup salsa. Top with the chicken breasts, then pour the remaining salsa over the chicken.
2. Cover and cook on the high heat setting 2.5-3 hours, or until the chicken is tender and white throughout; do not overcook or the chicken will toughen.
3. Remove the chicken and cut into bite sized pieces. Add back to the slow cooker.
4. Add the cream cheese (cut into cubes to melt faster), and turn slow cooker to high heat. Heat until cream cheese melts and blends into sauce.
5. Serve over rice. Top with shredded cheese. Or serve in tortillas with sour cream