Friday, January 30, 2009

Crockpot Chili (Stephanie)

Ingredients
1 large onion, chopped and cooked with beef
1lb. ground beef or turkey, browned (I used 1 1/2 lbs hamburger)
1 smoked sausage link, cut into small pieces, browned
2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed or 1/2 bag dry, soaked overnight (I used 2 cans pinto beans instead, we are not big fans of red beans)
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed or 1/2 bag dry, soaked overnight ( I only used 1 can)
2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed or 1/2 bag dry, soaked overnight
2 cups frozen corn (I used one large drained can of whole kernel corn)
2 jalepeno peppers, chopped and seeded (I left these out)
48oz tomato sauce
2 14.5oz cans crushed or diced tomatoes, undrained
4 t. cumin (I left this out)
1/3 cup chili powder
3 t. garlic powder
1 t. black pepper
1 t. oregano
1 t. sugar
1/4 t. cayenne pepper

Procedure
Fills the huge crockpot to to the top (you can half recipe)

Add some water if you need some more liquid. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours if using canned beans or 9 hours if using dried beans.

No comments: