Friday, January 30, 2009

Stuffed Shells (Danielle)

Ingredients
1 box jumbo shells
1 16 oz container ricotta cheese (I use Sorrento, I think it's the creamiest)
1 16 oz block mozzarella, shredded and divided (again I use Sorrento)
1 egg
parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
2 jars marinara sauce (I use Newman's Own)

Procedure
Cook shells according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

Combine ricotta, half the shredded mozzarella, the egg and the seasonings. Pour 3/4 jar sauce into a 9x13 baking dish. Stuff shells with ricotta mixture and place in baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the shells and top with remaining mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 45min - 1 hour.

These also freeze well and if I don't have enough filling I just throw the empty shells in along and my guys still gobble them up. :)

No comments: