3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups MIX-N-MATCH (see below)
3 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts or seeds (your choice)
MIX-N-MATCH (one or more of the following to equal 2 cups):
Apples, grated or chopped
Bananas, mashed or chopped
Carrots, cooked and mashed or grated
Cherries, pitted and chopped
Cranberries, dry or raw, chopped
Dates or figs, pitted and finely chopped
Lemon, ½ cup juice
Marmalade (omit 1 cup sugar)
Orange juice, ½ cup juice
Peaches, fresh or canned, chopped
Pears, fresh or canned, chopped
Pineapple, crushed and well-drained
Rhubarb, finely chopped (add ½ cup more sugar)
Sweet Potato or Yams, cooked and mashed or gratedZucchini, grated and well-drained
1. Sift together dry ingredients
2. In separate bowl, beat eggs; add oil and sugar; cream together.
3. Stir in MIX-N-MATCH and vanilla
4. Add dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in nuts.
5. Spoon into two well-greased loaf pans
6. Bake at 325* for 1 hour. Or spoon into muffin tins and bake at 375* for 15 minutes. When cool, wrap bread in foil; label and freeze. Freeze muffins on a cookie sheet and place in a freezer baggie. Muffins can be reheated in the microwave. Makes 2 loaves of bread.
*I usually sub half the oil for applesauce.