Friday, January 30, 2009

Baked Tofu (Carla)

I made this last night and it was super easy and super yummy! I just served it with some roasted carrots and cut up potato "fries" that I had put a touch of olive oil and some spices on, oh and I threw in some whole garlic cloves for good measure because I love roasted garlic. All 3 were a huge hit with Heather and ANgela too.

1 package of extra firm tofu, cut into cubes. Usually I slice it in half, then in strips, then into cubes - so the cubes are about 3/4 inch cubes.

Stick that in a bowl with 1 tbsp of sesame oil and 2 tbsp soy sauce or Braggs, and 1/8 tsp pepper, mix it around and let it sit for a few minutes (just while I prepared the veggies - the actual recipe said about 5 minutes).

Bake in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes. If you want you can broil for a few minutes at the end, to brown the top a bit too.

No comments: