2 cups pancake mix
1 cup milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil
1. Wash apples. Leaving skins on, either grate them or chop them finely. (If you wish, you may substitute 1 cup of chunky applesauce for the grated apples.)
2. Mix all the ingredients except the oil. Mix until smooth. Children can help with the mixing process.
3. Heat an electric skillet to about 325 degrees. Coat the cooking surface with about 1 tsp. of the oil.
4. Drop two tablespoons of batter for each apple cake into the skillet. Fry two minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Recoat cooking surface with oil and make the next batch.
5. Drain apple cakes thoroughly on paper towels. They should be eaten while warm.
6. Serve with applesauce, if desired.