Saturday, November 29, 2008

Superbowl Spinach Dip (Kathleen)

Ingredients

This is my standby recipe for when I need to bring a dip to a party.
Note: I use lowfat cream cheese and sour cream but you can use any kind you like.
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 pkg dried onion soup mix (vegetable soup mix would work too)
8 oz pkg of low fat cream cheese
16 oz container of low fat sour cream
chopped onion (optional)
chopped red or green pepper (optional)

Procedure

Defrost and pat dry the chopped spinach. Combine all ingredients and let chill for several hours. I usually throw in chopped veggies for some crunch, whatever I have lying around the house. I serve in a hollowed out bread bowl to make people think it was a lot of work ;) Good with crackers, bread or veggies.
Enjoy!
Kathleen

No comments: